UM MA LIT
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Guidelines for Admission
The most basic requirement for admission is the prior completion of a B.A. in English. In some cases, applicants judged to have insufficient preparation may be admitted with the understanding that they must complete certain courses after entering the program, either as part of or in addition to the 36 credits required for the degree.
In addition to the materials required by the University of Montana Graduate School, the Department of English also requires a separate application that you will fill out here.
Submittable application process will open up on October 1st.
Please prepare the following to include with your University of Montana Literature Program application:
1. Official transcripts (sent directly from each University you attended) will need to be submitted electronically to the University of Montana Graduate Admissions by the application deadline of January 20th, 2017.
Official transcripts may also be mailed directly from the institution to:
Atten: Leisa Greene
University of Montana
Department of English
Liberal Arts 133
Missoula, MT 59812
Or, you may send transcripts via Interfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. CV or resume with a list of any relevant awards, honors or publications.
3. Goal Statement: 100-300 word essay describing your personal goals for graduate study; may include current interests, projects and literary influences.
4. An appropriate writing sample (or two) of at least ten pages (but not exceeding twenty) of expository writing (i.e.; a critical essay, term paper, research paper, etc.); an essay from an English course is preferred, but not necessary. We are looking for a strong piece of critical writing. If applying for a Teaching Assistantantship this essay will fill the Expository Essay requirement.
5. Three confidential recommendations: the people recommending you will be contacted by email (their current email address is required) and must respond within two weeks.